Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

AMAZON.com is hurting individual sellers

Amazon is suspending alot of sellers without good explanation. It seems that they don't care anything but only their 15% commission. I have been longtime Amazon.com customer as a buyer and recently became a seller. Sold over $2000 worth of items in 6 days.. guess what? they now suspended my seller account without clear explanation and just notified me that they will hold my money for 90 days. What a communist business is that? Holding my money (and others) for 90 days... am I getting any interest?? Millions of dollars they are holding it for their own good.

They have just done this to me as well. Gave me no worning.

I had 1 complaint and one shipment that I sent late, but the buyer agreed to that, and since only 3 people have left feedback for me, and one of them was not perfect, they have banned me.

The one bad feedback was 3 out of 5, not even below 50%, and the guy never gave me a chance to fix the problem. How can I possibly check thousands of disks ahead of time, to see if they work perfectly?

:?

I always send a notice to all customers that their order was shipped - restated the shipping information and then asked for their feedback on my customer service and product after they receive it.

My account is suspended for 31 days due to this "review" for violating policy of contacting sellers. I know that amazon sends a "automated" message - but its just reaffirmation that I've processed and shipped it and to remind them to provide feedback.

By the way, I'm still suppose to list and ship products but I can't have my funds released until the review is concluded up to 31 days - it doesn't seem right to me.

Test TestiesTest TestiesTest Testies

test

I, too, have just had my tangle with Amazon.com. My issue is that as a new seller they say they hold the funds on reserve for 21 days.

Ok, fine. I don't like it, but ok. Now that 21 days is up on January 3rd, but I see on my account my settlement amount is dropping by the day. This is because apparently, even though there is no disclosure in the agreement as to this fact, they will only disperse the payments given for the 14 days immediately prior to the settlement date.

Meaning that first week in which I made $180 is continuing to be held, despite good feedback and tracking information given on each package. I call Support and they say those funds will be released 14 days AFTER the next settlement date, for a total of 6 weeks. They will not tell me why. I'm waiting for a supervisor to call back, but I know that I will have to call again and again.

And to the "Too bad, so sad" person- those are the reasons Amazon gives to excuse what they do. That does not mean that those excuses have merit. I have read over a hundred complaints from people saying that has happened to them, but they have never sold on Amazon before and never violated any rules. It's arbitrary.

And if they do make interest on the reserve funds, that violates federal consumer laws and banking laws. They are not allowed to use consumer money to profit on top of their commission with no disclosure.

That's how the law works. I will join any class action lawsuit that contacts me.

Jess
#319183

thanks for letting me vent as this has really angered me and if anyone has a lawsuit going, I'm in.

#319181

I believe it's about making money on the interest. I was also suspended and they even told me they will not give me specifics on as to why.

Think of all the monies sitting, earning interest from all the accounts they suspend or place reserves on each day. It's about clocking in the money for them and they could care less about the seller because there are so many of them.

Amazon must use a Paypal where the hold your money from 60 to 90 days I say don't use them anymore. The suck the life out of you if they could. They don't want you making to much money LOL *** EM

No reason equates to one of the following:

"You're account has been associated with another account that was banned for violating our terms of service"

or, the more common for posters of these complaint boards, and this is always omitted from the complaints:

"It has come to our attention that you are selling recopied media, this is against our policy agreement, you are no longer allowed to sell on our site"

Those are the reasons people that complain say that "Amazon closed my account for no reason". Those are also the reasons you never see any lawsuits go anywhere. You can't sue them for protecting their brand and the rights owners of counterfeited merchandise. Too bad, so sad.

I think this is a common SOP for Amazon, suspending seller accounts with no clear cut specific explanation and then holding money in your account for 90 days. We should boycott amazon!

Amazon must had a reason to suspend your account. You do make money for them as 15% commission. I believe you forget to tell us what is your problem with Amazon.

They have suspended another seller account for no reason and are withholding our money for 90 days. They are up to something dirty.

i understand you pain, i am currently in the same boat as you, well not entirely, but my account is under review and i'm afraid that i will be out of business soon :cry

View more comments (12)
Review
#209458 Review #209458 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Amazon review in Tacoma, Washington: Lost my order

Ordered from Amazon.com - Tracking my order online, I read that a delivery attempt was made. I did not find a notice anywhere to confirmed this. Next day again,no notice. I called Amazon,a very unfriendly rep instructed me to call the carrier, On Trac. I called On Trac to inquire - 2 hours later On Trac called to inform me that they lost my order and I have to call Amazon to report this and get a replacement or cancel my order. Amazon claims they will re-send using the very same carrier. Not impressed. Contacting Amazon customer service was not readily accessable, had to search for contact info. All in all a very unpleasant experience. Will not order from Amazon again.

My Chinese Bamboo Flutes got lost in my order! I had to reorder them which did not make me happy, and they said that it is now "supposed" to arrive March 23, 2011.

well... where is my order now!?

I bought one Kindle from Amazon, I waited during one mounth. Nothing!

Afterwards I telephoned and asked where is my gadget. They responded: seems that your order got lost.

Amazon never more! I do not faith them !

Maverick

i had problems with an amazon order and they refunded my whole order, about $300. The package showed up about 4 weeks later at a neighbor's house, i called amazon to let them know and they told me to keep it for free for all my trouble.

View more comments (2)
Review
#208226 Review #208226 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Getting back on amazon

In case if you have got a suspended amazon.com account and would like to get back on amazon in the fastest possible manner then just follow the step by step guidelines of "Amazon Alias" and recover your amazon account in no time. Amazon Alias Guide; is a book designed to show you how to quickly get back on Amazon selling and more importantly, how to STAY on Amazon successfully selling.This book will help you understand how Amazon tracks you so you can create a successful Amazon Alias account that stays active forever and does not get shut down by Amazon. For getting detailed information on this refer: amazonalias.com
Review
#207901 Review #207901 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Getting back in amazon

In case if you have got a suspended amazon.com account and would like to get back on amazon in the fastest possible manner then just follow the step by step guidelines of "Amazon Alias" and recover your amazon account in no time.For getting detailed information on this refer: amazonalias.com This insiders guide is written by Amazon seller experts who have literally created 100's of active seller accounts and sold tens of thousands of dollars of merchandise every month on Amazon. With exclusive and never before revealed tips on how to successfully create and maintain high producing Alias seller accounts on Amazon.
Review
#206506 Review #206506 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Amazon Account
amazon only know satisfy their buyers and totally pissed off individual sellers!!! they give different return rules to amazon individual sellers and them, they give very horrible return rules!!!!!!!!! they not just holding the sellers money for 6 months!!!! they just...
Arlethia

Report this to the Better Business Bureau. If enough of us that were scammed by Amazon's Bull *** A to Z Guarantee report this crime, maybe the BBB will take notice.

It takes about ten minutes to file a claim.

View more comments
Review
#205967 Review #205967 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Avoid Amazon's Online Bookstore

I needed a manual for my new class. I ordered it 10/9/10, it was delivered 10/18/10,but guess what? I do not have the manual,UPS has nothing in their system confirming that it was delivered,the seller(Chucks Half Off) says he pays extra for confirmations,but will not tell me if he has received a confirmation! I guess I am just going to pay for it and not receive what I paid for. Go to Borders,I have never had an issue with them, the school recommended Amazon, they said it would be faster.
Review
#204123 Review #204123 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Amazon is holding our money

I started selling on Amazon about a month ago. Everything was going good. All of a sudden I received an email from them stating that my account has been suspended. They will be holding my money for 90 days. I was given no explanation for why this happened. After I sent several emails to Amazon, I received the following email. "Thank you for writing. After a review of your account by an account specialist, we have decided your account will remain blocked. We regret we are unable to provide further information on this situation. Further correspondence regarding the closure of your selling account will not be answered. The closure of this account is a permanent action. Any subsequent accounts that are opened will be closed as well. Regards, Seller Performance Team Amazon.com " My account remain frozen even though I did nothing wrong. I simply offered a decent price on a nice product, and shipped within 24 hours of the transaction.

I have joined Amazon years ago but started to sell items for just 6(six) days.. and sold $2200 worth of items..

i thought I hit a jackpot.. now my account is suspended after 6days and there is no clear explanation. I see people still selling same item with same description.. but why me?

holding my $2200.. which i planned to pay for my late mortgage... is there any way?? I am reading into amazonstealth..

am i getting into another trouble..??

I can't trust anything and can't believe anything I read or see online.. Help me God!!!

#205295

We have the same thing goind on. We started selling on Amazon a few weeks ago.

We are totally new to this and never sold anything on amazon before.

They have now suspended our account saying it is linked to a banned account and that our money will be held for 90 days. They owe us $1600 and we never got a dime yet.

This can't be legal. They have their and our money.

View more comments (1)
Review
#203006 Review #203006 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Amazon Account
The decision of Amazon to contract with OnTrac is an insult to previously loyal customers who were willing to pay extra for better service and instead have received only terrible, unreliable service that clearly violates the contract of the Prime shipping service. ...

NO STARS! On TRAC stinks and is an Unreliable carrier. Dangerous drivers, tossing packages in the middle of the driveway late at night, too lazy to walk up to the front door allowing thieves to steal your holiday presents.

Amazon needs to reevaluate this contract and get anyone else!

Buyers beware, if you buy from Amazon, be sure to track daily and don't be surprised if your stuff gets stolen.

View more comments
Review
#202553 Review #202553 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Service
Amazon Shipping Service
Loss

TSD airsoft rifle from amazon.

Bought an airsoft rifle from amazone and a couple of weeks after that the gun clip jammed so i cant use it. Amazon custumer support just gave me the money back. I am pissed at the fact that they didnt even offer a new gun becuase the warrety was for 30 days. it only had been 2 weeks. Maybe amazon just sucks at CS or maybe it sucks in general. you tell me. the gun i bought was a TSD sports spring powerd m14 rifle. i thought it was gonna be a *** of a gun but it just up and broke.
Mike_mn

I've had good experieinces with Amazon... even when they did screw up.

I purchased two Paintball helments that I concidered defective.

They did offer to refund/replace them.

Concider yourself fortunate that you got your money back. Reading these complaints gives me shivers down my spine!

Review
#200371 Review #200371 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Amazon quantities raised

I am very disappointed by Amazon in perpetrating a scam on it's users. In the past two months, I have tried to purchase single items only to have their system automatically raise the quantity. The site is designed in such a way to hide this doubling or tripling of your order, the single item price given in large, bold, colored type with the changed quantity tiny. The total of your order is not given at the end of the page after you've submitted the required information, but instead, only visible if you return to the top of the page, and forces the user to start over in order to fix the quantity. And if the mistake is not noticed until the order is placed, finding where to cancel the order is also difficult. It is obvious that they are hoping to cash in on customers not noticing until their order arrives and then not bothering with the time, hassle, or cost to return unwanted items. I am very disappointed that Amazon would design their site in such a deceitful way. I do hope that someone in charge over there steps up and changes the corporate culture that allows them to think this is an acceptable business practice. But until they do, it's buyer beware. Amazon or Amacon?

Whatever, if you can't figure out a shopping cart, you shouldn't be buying online. They are not trying to get duplicate sales from buyers, that would result in dissatisfaction and would damage the reputation of the brand.

They are a very well run company.

What you find "Obvious" is different than what I find "obvious". What is obvious is that you rushed through the checkout and inadvertantly paid for more than you wanted, now you want to blame Amazon because you made a mistake.

Just man up and send back the items you didn't intend to buy. Lucky for you Amazon isn't the terrible company you think it is and they'll take the return if it's within their return policy.

Review
#200098 Review #200098 is a subjective opinion of poster.