Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Amazon charges 26% for a return

Amazon saw fit to hit me with a 26% return fee for a $222. product. I asked for an air cleaner made in America and they sent me one made overseas. Without opening the box, I sent it back. These actions didi not fall into any of their return fees category but they still hit my card with a $59.00 charge. Internet shopping is getting tougher and consumers need to be bastards. I am off internet for now. And I will never go to Amazon again. Sears screwed me in 1983 and I have not been back since. A pox on the Amazon house for all the consumers they ripped off this holiday season so their executives can live in big houses and get their kids into schools your kids will be squeezes out of. America, land of the thieves and rip off artists- KTR
yuppers

That's insane. If you had bought it through an Amazon 3rd party seller they would have taken the full amount from the seller and given it to you.

That is two faced at its best. Amazon will make others do something they themselves would not do.

Amazon deceptive selling practices

I find it very misleading that when someone orders an item from Amazon, and that item is being supplied by a third party, that Amazon does not inform the potential buyer, that the item could, in some cases, be bought cheaper on the third party's web site. This just happened to me! A clock that was supplied to me by Atomic Time was $29.95 on their web site, yet I was charged $34.95. That's a 17% increase due to Amazon. In response to my question to Atomic Time regarding this matter, Atomic Time replied: "We can sell our products cheaper on our atomictime.com store because we don't have fees to pay to amazon." By not informing the customer of this possibility, Amazon is being very deceptive in its selling practices. I can just imagine the millions and millions of dollars that Amazon collects from unsuspecting customers that could have bought the items cheaper on the third party's web site.
yuppers

No, if they did what you want they would be renowned for their respectability and trustworthiness. I can think of nothing that would bring them more business and happy customers.

Good post Leveque

What color is the sky in your world? They are in this to make money, they're not a free service to *** consumers who can't do their own due dilligance and shop on their own.

If they did what you want, they would put themselves out of business because everyone would be diverted to the personal websites of all the vendors because they can all offer lower prices since they don't have to take Amazon fees into consideration.

You gave a bad score because you are an ***, not because of any wrong doing on Amazon's part.

View more comments (1)
Review

Do not sell on amazon unless u do not need money until Next year!

i sold a unit on amazons site. The first bad thing is, there is no contact number. you have to put your information in and have someone from amazon call you. when i called i was told i had to wait 3weeks for a check since i did not want direct deposit. every time i call, the amazon service people repeat the same message, "they will contact the selling dept., and i will receive a check within a few weeks. Well, it has now been four going on 5 months, still no check! and still the same messge from amazons service people. Amazon is a huge company, it shouldn't take a year for a check less than $100

Why don't you come out of the stone ages and use direct deposit instead of asking the company to make special arrangements to pay you since you don't find it necessary to follow the norms of the e-commerce world to get paid?

What you consider the first bad thing is leaps and bounds better than any other service I've ever used. Where else has this service?

I want to talk to someone at Amazon so I put in my phone number and get a call back from a human being in less than 30 seconds, and you say this is a bad thing?!

What's wrong with you? The self entitled shouldn't be selling anyway.

Review

AMAZON.com is hurting individual sellers

Amazon is suspending alot of sellers without good explanation. It seems that they don't care anything but only their 15% commission. I have been longtime Amazon.com customer as a buyer and recently became a seller. Sold over $2000 worth of items in 6 days.. guess what? they now suspended my seller account without clear explanation and just notified me that they will hold my money for 90 days. What a communist business is that? Holding my money (and others) for 90 days... am I getting any interest?? Millions of dollars they are holding it for their own good.

They have just done this to me as well. Gave me no worning.

I had 1 complaint and one shipment that I sent late, but the buyer agreed to that, and since only 3 people have left feedback for me, and one of them was not perfect, they have banned me.

The one bad feedback was 3 out of 5, not even below 50%, and the guy never gave me a chance to fix the problem. How can I possibly check thousands of disks ahead of time, to see if they work perfectly?

:?

I always send a notice to all customers that their order was shipped - restated the shipping information and then asked for their feedback on my customer service and product after they receive it.

My account is suspended for 31 days due to this "review" for violating policy of contacting sellers. I know that amazon sends a "automated" message - but its just reaffirmation that I've processed and shipped it and to remind them to provide feedback.

By the way, I'm still suppose to list and ship products but I can't have my funds released until the review is concluded up to 31 days - it doesn't seem right to me.

Test TestiesTest TestiesTest Testies

test

I, too, have just had my tangle with Amazon.com. My issue is that as a new seller they say they hold the funds on reserve for 21 days.

Ok, fine. I don't like it, but ok. Now that 21 days is up on January 3rd, but I see on my account my settlement amount is dropping by the day. This is because apparently, even though there is no disclosure in the agreement as to this fact, they will only disperse the payments given for the 14 days immediately prior to the settlement date.

Meaning that first week in which I made $180 is continuing to be held, despite good feedback and tracking information given on each package. I call Support and they say those funds will be released 14 days AFTER the next settlement date, for a total of 6 weeks. They will not tell me why. I'm waiting for a supervisor to call back, but I know that I will have to call again and again.

And to the "Too bad, so sad" person- those are the reasons Amazon gives to excuse what they do. That does not mean that those excuses have merit. I have read over a hundred complaints from people saying that has happened to them, but they have never sold on Amazon before and never violated any rules. It's arbitrary.

And if they do make interest on the reserve funds, that violates federal consumer laws and banking laws. They are not allowed to use consumer money to profit on top of their commission with no disclosure.

That's how the law works. I will join any class action lawsuit that contacts me.

Washington1980
#319183

thanks for letting me vent as this has really angered me and if anyone has a lawsuit going, I'm in.

#319181

I believe it's about making money on the interest. I was also suspended and they even told me they will not give me specifics on as to why.

Think of all the monies sitting, earning interest from all the accounts they suspend or place reserves on each day. It's about clocking in the money for them and they could care less about the seller because there are so many of them.

Amazon must use a Paypal where the hold your money from 60 to 90 days I say don't use them anymore. The suck the life out of you if they could. They don't want you making to much money LOL *** EM

No reason equates to one of the following:

"You're account has been associated with another account that was banned for violating our terms of service"

or, the more common for posters of these complaint boards, and this is always omitted from the complaints:

"It has come to our attention that you are selling recopied media, this is against our policy agreement, you are no longer allowed to sell on our site"

Those are the reasons people that complain say that "Amazon closed my account for no reason". Those are also the reasons you never see any lawsuits go anywhere. You can't sue them for protecting their brand and the rights owners of counterfeited merchandise. Too bad, so sad.

I think this is a common SOP for Amazon, suspending seller accounts with no clear cut specific explanation and then holding money in your account for 90 days. We should boycott amazon!

Amazon must had a reason to suspend your account. You do make money for them as 15% commission. I believe you forget to tell us what is your problem with Amazon.

They have suspended another seller account for no reason and are withholding our money for 90 days. They are up to something dirty.

i understand you pain, i am currently in the same boat as you, well not entirely, but my account is under review and i'm afraid that i will be out of business soon :cry

View more comments (12)
Review
#209458 Review #209458 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Loss

Amazon in Tacoma, Washington - Lost my order

Ordered from Amazon.com - Tracking my order online, I read that a delivery attempt was made. I did not find a notice anywhere to confirmed this. Next day again,no notice. I called Amazon,a very unfriendly rep instructed me to call the carrier, On Trac. I called On Trac to inquire - 2 hours later On Trac called to inform me that they lost my order and I have to call Amazon to report this and get a replacement or cancel my order. Amazon claims they will re-send using the very same carrier. Not impressed. Contacting Amazon customer service was not readily accessable, had to search for contact info. All in all a very unpleasant experience. Will not order from Amazon again.

My Chinese Bamboo Flutes got lost in my order! I had to reorder them which did not make me happy, and they said that it is now "supposed" to arrive March 23, 2011.

well... where is my order now!?

I bought one Kindle from Amazon, I waited during one mounth. Nothing!

Afterwards I telephoned and asked where is my gadget. They responded: seems that your order got lost.

Amazon never more! I do not faith them !

Maverick11e

i had problems with an amazon order and they refunded my whole order, about $300. The package showed up about 4 weeks later at a neighbor's house, i called amazon to let them know and they told me to keep it for free for all my trouble.

View more comments (2)
Review
#208226 Review #208226 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Getting back on amazon

In case if you have got a suspended amazon.com account and would like to get back on amazon in the fastest possible manner then just follow the step by step guidelines of "Amazon Alias" and recover your amazon account in no time. Amazon Alias Guide; is a book designed to show you how to quickly get back on Amazon selling and more importantly, how to STAY on Amazon successfully selling.This book will help you understand how Amazon tracks you so you can create a successful Amazon Alias account that stays active forever and does not get shut down by Amazon. For getting detailed information on this refer: amazonalias.com
Review
#207901 Review #207901 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Getting back in amazon

In case if you have got a suspended amazon.com account and would like to get back on amazon in the fastest possible manner then just follow the step by step guidelines of "Amazon Alias" and recover your amazon account in no time.For getting detailed information on this refer: amazonalias.com This insiders guide is written by Amazon seller experts who have literally created 100's of active seller accounts and sold tens of thousands of dollars of merchandise every month on Amazon. With exclusive and never before revealed tips on how to successfully create and maintain high producing Alias seller accounts on Amazon.
Review
#206506 Review #206506 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Amazon Account
amazon only know satisfy their buyers and totally pissed off individual sellers!!! they give different return rules to amazon individual sellers and them, they give very horrible return rules!!!!!!!!! they not just holding the sellers money for 6 months!!!! they just...
bbarga

Report this to the Better Business Bureau. If enough of us that were scammed by Amazon's Bull *** A to Z Guarantee report this crime, maybe the BBB will take notice.

It takes about ten minutes to file a claim.

View more comments
Review
#205967 Review #205967 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Loss

Avoid Amazon's Online Bookstore

I needed a manual for my new class. I ordered it 10/9/10, it was delivered 10/18/10,but guess what? I do not have the manual,UPS has nothing in their system confirming that it was delivered,the seller(Chucks Half Off) says he pays extra for confirmations,but will not tell me if he has received a confirmation! I guess I am just going to pay for it and not receive what I paid for. Go to Borders,I have never had an issue with them, the school recommended Amazon, they said it would be faster.
Review
#204123 Review #204123 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Amazon is holding our money

I started selling on Amazon about a month ago. Everything was going good. All of a sudden I received an email from them stating that my account has been suspended. They will be holding my money for 90 days. I was given no explanation for why this happened. After I sent several emails to Amazon, I received the following email. "Thank you for writing. After a review of your account by an account specialist, we have decided your account will remain blocked. We regret we are unable to provide further information on this situation. Further correspondence regarding the closure of your selling account will not be answered. The closure of this account is a permanent action. Any subsequent accounts that are opened will be closed as well. Regards, Seller Performance Team Amazon.com " My account remain frozen even though I did nothing wrong. I simply offered a decent price on a nice product, and shipped within 24 hours of the transaction.

I have joined Amazon years ago but started to sell items for just 6(six) days.. and sold $2200 worth of items..

i thought I hit a jackpot.. now my account is suspended after 6days and there is no clear explanation. I see people still selling same item with same description.. but why me?

holding my $2200.. which i planned to pay for my late mortgage... is there any way?? I am reading into amazonstealth..

am i getting into another trouble..??

I can't trust anything and can't believe anything I read or see online.. Help me God!!!

#205295

We have the same thing goind on. We started selling on Amazon a few weeks ago.

We are totally new to this and never sold anything on amazon before.

They have now suspended our account saying it is linked to a banned account and that our money will be held for 90 days. They owe us $1600 and we never got a dime yet.

This can't be legal. They have their and our money.

View more comments (1)
Review
#203006 Review #203006 is a subjective opinion of poster.