Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Amazon: We were just kidding

I ordered and received an item from Amazon. It was incorrectly advertised - the wrong size. I proceeded to return the item via the website and a window was generated that said the item did not need to be returned that "it was on us" and I took a print screen of the window as backup proof. The window is proof that I was promised a refund. I never saw the refund. I called and was told they had no idea why I would received that window/message but that NOW I had to return the item. That's fine - I will, but shame on Amazon for not even wanting to SEE the document proving my claim. Clearly they do not honor or control what happens within their website.
yuppers

So Sad, actually they still do. Its called the A-Z buyer protection guarentee and it applies to anyone selling through amazon.

Amazon actually uses this to shaft sellers too, but thats beyond the point here.

Open up the better buisness bureau website go to www.bbb.org, find amazon on there, and type in what happened (and post relevant emails or documents if applicable). Then the BBB will force Amazon ( a real person, usually the team lead of the claims department) to consider and respond to you until you come to an agreement (under the BBB's watch).

I'm in the process now and it's great. let us know how it goes for you.

Most items sold on Amazon are sold through independent sellers and not directly through Amazon. Amazon has no control over these sellers and how they handle their refund process.

View more comments (1)
Review

TD Callin merchant on Amazon scam!

I ordered an iPhone 4S from a merchant called TD callin on Amazon on November 14. The estimated delivery day ended December 7. Needless to say, they charged my credit card for 804 dollars and never delivered the phone. I wrote them through Amazon several times and then proceeded to ignore me. They also ignored an order cancellation request. Basically they just took the money and ran. I have filed a complaint with Amazon and am hoping they can do something about it, since it was a merchant on their site. Be very careful of this TD Callin merchant on Amazon!
yuppers

A-Z buyer protection guarantee. It will get your money back.

David L

I thought that Amazon's policy (reseller or not) that your card was not charged until after it shipped?

Amazon has excellent customer service. Had a similar issue with a merchant when purchasing end tables, never received them. Amazon promptly took care of the issue by refunding my entire purchase amount.

View more comments (2)
Review
AMAZON.COM is a a market for thieves. Why Because they allow you to sell things. But the buyer can request a refund and then not send the item back. Amazon.com encourages sellers to send immediate refunds to conduct good business. But then will state not to send...
Makyra

I also have a grievance with Amazon. I was hacked from someone and they purchased a computer for $2000.

Mistakenly the package was delivered to my home I thought. But when I spoke to Amazon representative about the *** and requested a return from for my credit. The hacker had already called Amazon as well and requested a replacement. So, even though there should have been notes to the fact it was a hacker, they replaced the computer.

While the computer I received was already being shipped back to Amazon. The hacker had convinced Amazon to ship the replacement to another address as well in NY and to a Name nothing like mine. ?? So the hacker received his computer as well.

In the mean time I requested a refund because I did not approve the purchase of the computer and gave the whole story to my banking credit card company. They stood by their word and refunded the money to my account. Unlike Amazon. Amazon on the other hand decided to freeze my account.

Thus, steeling everything I have purchased from them, Audible, Prime Movies, my Prime benefits and I’m sure other services I already paid for. They have not given my any help in the situation except treating me as a customer AS A Thief.

Thanks just wanted to give another issue with Amazon Services and how they treat the thief better than the customer. Russell Taylor

View more comments
Resolved
Product
Amazon Tablet
Loss

Amazon seller complaint. amazon took my money

Dear reader of this email This email is a attempt to gather people that have been messed over by Amazon. Had there funds held for 30 to 90 days. That keep you from restocking your goods to sell and fill orders. Or if you have bout something that was broken or no good and never got a refund. I have contacted a law firm from Clarksville. That may take this case against Amazon if I gather enough people to take them on. If you get enough people you can topple even the digest beast. I million strong and we can make things happen. It is time to fight these beast. All them rip-off cons and scams. Steeling is a crime!! and they are getting away with it!!! Its time to make them pay!! Just email me and say count me in.. Rastamike227@yahoo.com Please pass this email on. Babylon will burn.

amazon is for the consumer not the seller I got screwed by them also. count me in

That is the kind of mentality Amazon counts on. Remember, anyone can write a contract, and you can even agree to it, but that does NOT make it legal and binding.

We need more people to stand up, not more like falken.

Amazon counts on people like falken to do exactly that ...nothing. Count me in

yuppers

Thanks for the vote of confidence falken! Count me in Rastamike!

Rastamike make sure to open up the better business bureau website go to www.bbb.org, find amazon on there, and type in what happened (and post relevant emails or documents if applicable).

I'm in the process now and it's great. let us know how it goes for you.

Bryon M

Oh please, be sure to give your "attorney" a copy of the End User Agreement, all the holds, reviews and everything are covered there. You really think Amazon would leave themselves open to a lawsuit like this?

They employ more lawyers than most companies have employees. Good luck with your Class action "noise", it won't even register.

View more comments (3)
Review
I bought an XBox360 through an Amazon.com gold box "lightning deal"--the deal was for the item at full price plus a $100 store credit. I completed the transaction, and was a bit puzzled as to why the store credit didn't seem to show up on the receipt. But I waited...

I came across your post after searching 'Amazon Bait and Switch lightening deals' because I was frustrated after attempting to shop their lightening deals and felt mislead. I have been shopping on Amazon for years and this year I did nothing different however my experience was much different. When the deal became available I would click on it and it would be one price, until the page opened and says Sorry! We lied, 100% claimed...but out of the kindness of their heart they would still offer it at a discount, just not as deep a discount as it was when I clicked on 'buy' and Amazon and I started our dance. Oh and if I am a prime member thats another price too! 4 different prices, same item. No wonder they cant keep anything straight.

I too once admired Amazon and believe they have sunk to a new low. I was seething and laughing (more in shock than humor) while reading that exchange. Even though they tried to convince you otherwise, you were the only sane person in that conversation. A few weeks ago I bought a collectors edition dvd/blu ray set. Amazon didn't bother to put it in a box, they slapped an address label on it and put the actual item itself in the mail.

Thanks for sharing your experience. You have convinced me. No more business with Amazon.

Review

Amazon.com Cheats Marketplace Sellers Sign My Petition!

Friends, Amazon.com is a multi-billion dollar, corrupt entity that exploits individuals and small businesses by inviting them to become "Marketplace Sellers" and then uses underhanded tactics to suspend these sellers' accounts, freeze their earnings and force them out of business while pocketing their money. You've probably seen the complaints from other former Marketplace Sellers right here on this web site. Now it's time to do something about it. I just created a petition entitled The United States Congress and Attorney General: Congressional investigation & class-action lawsuit against Amazon.com, because I care deeply about this very important issue. I'm trying to collect at least 100 signatures, and I could really use your help. To read more about what I'm trying to do and to sign my petition, copy & paste this URL into your web browser: http://www.change.org/petitions/the-united-states-congress-and-attorney-general-congressional-investigation-class-action-lawsuit-against-amazoncom?share_id=LhkoDUoXQb& It'll just take a minute! Once you're done, please ask your friends to sign the petition as well. Grassroots movements succeed because people like you are willing to spread the word!
Arlethia

I will absolutely be signing your petition. Amazon is screwing over thousands of people with unethical business practices and the endorsement of theft.

Amazon and, to a lesser degree, Ebay provide a platform for buyers to slander their own sellers with feedback that is many times untrue and in other cases the problem has been taken care of but negative feedback is not removed by either company. This affects one's private and professional reputation and causes loss of revenue by diminishing sales.

Both companies acknowledge that many times feedback is unwarranted but neither will remove it. If a complaint is legitimate and has been fixed, the feedback remains. Both companies have destroyed thousands of sellers with this policy but nothing has been done to stop this like a class action lawsuit to regain revenue when unwarranted feedback caused this loss and the company was notified but ignored the complaint. Amazon directly competes against their own sellers (fulfillment by Amazon) so there is conflict of interest in keeping negative feedback against their sellers.

If you are selling items that are low margin, Amazon keeps about 43% of the money and you get 57% of the money and then you have to pay to ship out of your money. You get to keep more by selling on Ebay but you will sell less.

What is this *** petition going to do? What will the government do for you? You are a peon to them, and Amazon is a multibillion dollar company. They set their site up and set the rules of their site up, the government can't just come in and shut them down because you have some silly petition that probably hasn't even gathered 500 signatures over the last year. *** it could have a million sigs and it wouldn't mean ***. You have no right to sell on Amazon, it's a privilage. YOu agreed to their rules to be allowed access to their system that generates money for you.

And the *** above that thinks Amazon needs us and would be nothing without us. You got that completely backwards. Amazon has plenty of streams of revenue, they didn't put all their eggs in one basket. They are a retailer as well, they could do away with the entire 3rd party marketplace and they would still be fine, they'd survive and would still be trusted as one of the best sources to purchase because they branded themselves that way.

Get real you clueless idiots, the ONLY reason this is so important to the OP and NOW something must be done is because that OP realizes how much money Amazon was making them, now that they can't get to that pool of buyers to sell the merchandise, "Something must be done".

Guess what OP, you're in the same boat as all the other suspended sellers and nothing you do will force Amazon to allow you back on.

There is a way though, they don't seem to care if you were previously suspended or not if they happen to come across something you may be selling on your own website and they feel they must be able to offer it on their site. My brothers acct was suspended for a high refund rate, they found something he makes and sells online, they reached out to him and didn't seem to care about his previous suspension. So sure, there is a degree that focuses on money but that's the same reason any of us are on their site in the first place. We're not their trying to win medals for offering great customer service, we're there to make money and that's why the OP suddenly says something must be done. It effected him directly.

So OP, you still suspended? Did this petition do anything for you at all besides give you false hopes?

@fAlken

don't take that attitude....nothing comes from nothing

many success stories have occurred from people doing the right thing insteaf of just saying no way

I am selling on there temp.

I noticed this crazy profit math they gave me

+$1.50 item pricing

+$3.99 shipping

-$1.50 amazon commission

=$3.49 total for me...... where'd that 50 cents go? 50CENTSx1million sales = $500,000.00 worth of stolen money a day.

yuppers

signed it! thanks a bunch!

Sometimes all it takes is one ripple to cause a wave. If you are willing to stand up for your rights against Amazon I hope you succeed.

They are so unfair to sellers. ( who make them the money ) Amazon wouldn't be in business if it weren't for those who pay them to sell there.

Amazon is the worst online store ever. all the items i have received are defective.

their system of searching is archaic, the descriptions convoluted and customer service is horrible. Easy to shut them down don’t buy or sell here.

Ps only purchased here because of free gift code

I could not disagree with you more. It is extremely easy to sell on Amazon and very difficult for them to put restrictions on their sellers or limit their activities or assortment.

Yes, you are charges a fee for selling on Amazon- but why wouldn't you? It is their site- you are using their virtual real estate to sell items.

rastamike

i posted a petition on my facebook.

RASTAMIKE

rastamike

nikalseyn. keep on hatein.soon se us taken amazon down.

rastamike

:)finaly some with the same problom.

thay did the same thing to me. thay need to be sued.

i have been posting avery place i can to get people together to sue dem rass.

thay took my money right befor xmas.

this was gonna be xmas monay. rastamike227 at yahoo.com

John N

I don't know what you expect to accomplish with a "petition" to Amazon. It is sort of like peeing into the wind---------it may feel good, but does absolutely nothing except come back on you.

View more comments (12)
Amazon.Com Uses Misleading Photos
Recently I tried to purchase some Toro lawnmower parts on Amazon.com. The site included a photo fo a small plastic bag with the pinion gears i wanted and the lettering qty 5. The photo showed 5 gears in the bag. The normal person would assume the bag of 5 is one...

Most the images you see for products on Amazon are Generic images, or images uploaded by one of the several sellers selling an item. This is one of the biggest things I hate about Amazon.

They make sellers list item with the UPC label... Lets say a computer has been upgraded (memory, ect) The amazon listing will still show the original specifications. The only recourse a seller has is to put extra info in the "condition" section.

I'm surprised so many shop on Amazon.... I find eBay much more accurate (each listeing created individually) so you know what you are getting.

View more comments

Amazon stole my money!!!

I will apologize in advance to all my friends for future posts about Amazon. I placed a simple order for around $20 around 30 days ago, and the first shipment went to my old address, even though we stated to ship to new address in WA. I called, and Amazon took responsibility, and transferred me to the third party, and they proceeded to blame Amazon, I am sure you all saw that one coming. Now, after two more weeks, still nothing, so I decided to contact Amazon, and ask for a refund, and was told that they needed to file a claim and it would take two more weeks for my refund. I stated that Amazon has had my money for long enough, and I expected a refund within 24 hours, and would post this message on Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin and every consumer blog I can find for the equivalent timeframe. Customer service has become more about policies, and less about customer retention! I guess when you deal with a company that promoted a book about pedophilia, you are dealing with a company that has little respect for the customer!
John N

what does pedophilia have to do with this? Are you looking for children yourself or complaining about Amazon. You need to decide which one you prefer---and soon.

DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM AMAZON WIRELESS

Update by user Dec 03, 2011

TODAY IS 12/3/2011 AND STILL NO REPLACEMENTS FOR THE 3 PHONES I HAD ORDERED FROM AMAZONWIRELESS. I DID GET A EMAIL FROM A PERSON WHO IS SUPPOSE TO BE DEALING WITH MY ACCOUNT, TELLING ME THAT MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN CLOSED FOR ABUSE OF THEIR POLICIES.

WHAT POLICIES THAT AMAZONWIRELESS CAN SEND DEFECTIVE PRODUCTS TO IT\'S CUSTOMERS AND NOT REPLACE THEM. ALSO NOT REFUND THE MONEY THAT WAS SPENT TO PAY A BILL FOR LINES OF SERVICE THAT HAD TO BE CANCELLED BECAUSE OF THE DEFECTIVE PRODUCTS. AND NOW I\'AM STUCK PAYING CLOSE TO $1500.00 CANCELLATION FEES BECAUSE OF AMAZONWIRELESS SENDING DEFECTIVE PRODUCTS TO ME. SO IN SHORT NO THE ISSUE STILL HAS NOT BEEN SOLVED AND THEY STILL REFUSE TO DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT AT ALL.

I HAVE FILE COMPLAINTS ON HERE,WITH THE FTC I BLAST THEM ON MY FACEBOOK PAGE AND MY BLOG AND MY TWITTER PAGE AND STILL NO ANSWER. I GONNA TALK TO MY LAWYER AND SEE WHAT CAN BE DONE ABOUT THIS WHOLE THING.

BUT I DOUBT IT WILL GET SOLVED. SO I\'M OUT 3 PHONES AND $1500.00 BECAUSE OF THEM!!!!!!

Original review posted by user Nov 06, 2011

I'AM REALLY GETTING TIRED OF AMAZON WIRELESS. I'AM GETTING TIRED OF THEIR LIES THEY KEEP TELLING AND SAYING. THIS IS MY THIRD COMPLAINT ABOUT THEM. EVERY TIME I CALL THEM THEY TELL ME THERE IS NOTHING THAT THEY CAN DO BECAUSE OF MY ACCOUNT BEING PUT ON HOLD BECAUSE OF THE FACT THAT THEY ARE IN THE WRONG BY SENDING ME DEFECTIVE AND BROKEN PHONES TO ME NOT ONCE BUT TWICE. THE FIRST 3 PHONES THAT CAME TO ME HAD CRACKED SCREENS IN THEM, THEN I CALLED FOR A REPLACEMENT AND THE NEXT 3 PHONES THEY SENT TO ME WOULD NOT CHARGE OR EVEN TURN ON. I ENDED UP CANCELLING THE 3 LINES THAT I HAD WITH VERIZON WIRELESS BECAUSE OF THESE PHONES BEING DEFECTIVE AND NOT WORKING. I HAVE TO PAY A CANCELLATION FEE OF $350.00 PER LINE THAT WAS CANCELLED. NOT NOT GONNA KEEP SERVICE ACTIVE AND PAY EVERY MONTH ON 3 LINES THAT I CAN NOT USE. I HAVE CALLED AMAZON WIRELESS A NUMBER OF TIMES TO GET THEM REPLACED AND THEY KEEP TELLING ME THAT I HAVE TO SEND BACK THE BROKEN ONES IN ORDER TO GET THE REPLACEMENTS. I REFUSE TO DO THIS BECAUSE I WAS ALREADY SCREWED OVER 2 TIMES AND I'M NOT TAKING THE CHANCE FOR A 3RD TIME FOR IT TO HAPPEN. I HAVE TOLD THEM THAT I HAVE NO PROBLEM SENDING THE BROKEN PHONES BACK TO THEM ONCE I HAVE ACTUAL WORKING PHONES IN MY HANDS. I HAVE ALREADY REPORTED IT TO THE FTC,BBB,THIS WEBSITE,MY FACEBOOK PAGE,MY BLOG,MY TWITTER PAGE. THIS WILL BE THE THIRD COMPLAINT SO FAR. THEY KEEP TELLING ME THERE IS NOTHING THAT CAN BE DONE BECAUSE OF IT BEING ON HOLD. AND I WAS ALSO TOLD THAT THE ACCOUNT SPECIALIST WILL GET BACK TO ME WITH IN 24-48 HOURS I WAS TOLD THAT 2 TIMES BEFORE, 1 TIME 6 DAYS AGO AND AGAIN 3 DAYS AGO. NOW I'AM BEING TOLD IT AGAIN TODAY THAT THEY WILL E-MAIL THE ACCOUNT SPECIALIST AND HAVE HIM GET BACK TO ME AND IT TAKES 24-48 HOURS. I'M NOT GONNA HOLD MY BREATH. EVERY TIME I ASK IF THERE IS SOMEONE ABOVE THE ACCOUNT REP WHO PUT MY ACCOUNT ON HOLD, I KEEP GETTING TOLD THAT THERE IS NO ONE ELSE WHO CAN ACCESS IT OR ABOVE HIM WHICH I KNOW IS A LIE. THEY ALSO SWEAR AT U, ARE VERY RUDE AND DISRESPECTFUL. I WANT SOMETHING DONE AND DONE NOW. I EITHER GET THE 3 PHONES REPLACED AS TO WHERE THEY WORK AND NOTHING WRONG WITH THEM OR AMAZON WIRELESS IS GOING TO PAY ME $1500 TO REPLACE THE MONEY I HAD TO PAY TO VERIZON WIRELESS FOR THE 3 LINES I HAD TO CANCEL. I DO NOT CARE WHICH ONE IS DONE. BUT IT'S GONNA GET DONE!!!!!!
#611912

On Feb. 10th, I ordered two Samsung Galaxy Note 2.

I rececived them on Feb. 12th as opposed to the 13th which was the original delivery date. One of the phones worked fine, and hopefully it does everything it's supposed too,but the other phone did not auto rotate as it is suppose. No problem, or so I thought.

I call amazon wireless and the told me to go to call Sprint for technical help. After resetting my phone and other trouble shooting, I was directed to go to a Sprint service center, but they could not fix my phone. I had to send the phone back, no problem, or so I thought. Amazon paid for the return and emailed me the shipping label for the return.

It wasn't until I dropped it off at UPS that I found out it would take seven days for them to receive it, Feb. 21st. I was disturbed that fact but its minor. What was more disturbing is that I was told that to get the replacement faster I could purchase another phone at full retail price and they would credit me when the defective phone was returned and received, this was an upgrade so I didn't pay full retail price in the first place.

Now I am back on the phone I used prior to the upgrade but I badly need a new phone because the old one only stays charged for 30 minutes. I am pissed that the return/exchange process is faulty but I blame myself for trying to save $50 per phone instead of going through my service provider or even Radio Shack. Lesson learned! I will never buy another cell phone from Amazon Wireless again, as I am still waiting for them to receive the defective phone and send me a new one.

I might even have a problem with the case I purchased for the phone as it seems to have the cutout for the s pen on the wrong side.

i have bought numerous phones from amazon wireless all mine show up and all my defective come too. i dont y everyone else is having problems.

just yesterday i bought the galaxy note 2. maybe its just u guys lol ive gotten all of my phones.

Does this website force everyone to post in Caps? Or are all your shift keys broken? It's really annoying, no matter how pissed off you are.

I ALSO HAVE A PROBLEM ORDERED 4 PHONES ON NEW CONTRACT WITH FREE ACTIVATION. NEVER RECEIVED CONFIMATION. TODAY I CALLED THEY TELL ME THE ORDER WAS REJECTED ANYTHING TO AVOID FREE ACTIVATION TERRIBLE COMPANY

View more comments (3)

Amazon review in Shelton, Washington: Lied about having shipped my purchase

I purchased a dvd from first line dvds.They sent a tracking # and said it had shipped.5 days latter after I stayed at home waiting for the mail I got an email stating the product I had orderd was out of stock.I wasted my time and amazon said they would make it right with me but I had to reorder the I tem and they would reimburse me at that time.I have purchased 1,500 in the last few years minnimum.I was shown the worst customer service I ever encounterd.I decided to go with Barnes and noble.at least they shoud have shipped theused dvd and shipped it to me free for my time.They lost a customer and in this economy thats bad?

I just had a similar thing happen to me! I was issued a UPS tracking number for my item, and it even said that my package was delivered on the UPS tracking site.

I called UPS to find out where my package was, and they had a very odd response. The UPS customer service agent said that Amazon prefers that the customer contact them instead of UPS in these situations. Now why would I do that? According to UPS, my package was delivered.

So, I call Amazon and they tell me that the item is actually out of stock and that they will offer me a refund. Now how is it possible to ship something that they do not have, with a tracking number, and for UPS to supposedly deliver it, mark it as delivered on their website, and then after the fact Amazon tells me that it is out of stock??? Something does not make sense here and is very shady.

Both the UPS customer service and Amazon customer service reps seemed reluctant to answer my questions when I started digging a little bit. Very strange.