customer service customer service order money account item delivery shipping items

Malfunctioning Kindle reader | Amazon review from Tunkhannock, Pennsylvania

I have a Kindle reader and it won't charge and the only advice from Amazon is buy another one. I have had it less that a year. I won't buy another Kindle! I was on live chat with Amazon and the only choice was to buy a new one. I am retired and on a fixed income and cannot afford to buy another one. I thought this would be a good one and last me. I would not recommend this one to anyone that wants one that will last and be worth the money. I'm sure there are other brands out there that are more reliable and worth the money. I feel like another senior ripped off!

If you really have a problem and want help, just contact me, Account Specialist, cis@amazon.com. Always helpful and really, really care about our customers!!!!!!

#820378

SHOULDA BOUGHT SOMETHING ELSE THAT REALLY WORKS FROM A COMPANY THAT ACTUALLY CARES. WE DO NOT CARE, at amazon.com, cause we just like your money.

Go cry on somebody elses shoulder, not ours. I know cause I am a member of the EXECUTIVE CUSTOMER RELATIONS TEAM at amazon.com (but don't try to call me cause I am having a bad hair day and forgot how to use the phone).

Ellouise

Look, if you continue buying from Amazon, OH WELL...

Buy something else that really works from a company that cares about its customers.

Ellouise

So, did you follow Amazon's advice and buy another Kindle?

WHY????? :?

Ellouise

If you buy a Kindle from Amazon, GOOD LUCK. Any problems with the Kindle and Amazon just says "Too bad.

We will gladly sell you another one".

I had a similar issue with a Kindle Fire HDX, and got the same answer; "BUY ANOTHER ONE".

Better yet, buy a really GOOD reader or tablet from someone else. :?

View more comments (4)

Amazon Fulfillment Center job employment lowball salaries

Amazon.com is building a large fulfillment center to Ruskin, Florida, thanks to yet another *** deal at the hands of governor Rick "***" Scott. Unfortunately, amazon sees Florida as a *** state where a salary of $75,000 would be adequate for an IT Mgr responsible for managing the facility's entire IT Infrastructure with only 2 weeks vacation and a small sign-on bonus that would be paid in portions over time AND due back in full upon termination. http://www.amazon.com/gp/jobs/240389/ref=j_sr_2_t?ie=UTF8&category=*&jobSearchKeywords=&location=US%2C%20FL%2C%20Ruskin&page=1 What a joke. Amazon is a billion-dollar corp and now sticking it to Florida's already-suffering job market, knowing well that fact and cashing in at the state's expense.

I am Account Specialist, cis@amazon.com. Just contact me for answers to your concerns.

Always friendly and really care about our customers!!!!!!!! YESSIRREE!!!!!!!

STOP COMPLAINING!

Amazon will use the Ruskin Fulfillment Center to deliver stuff via Amazon's new DRONES.

LOOK OUT, RUSKIN. Better build a few drone-proof shelters. :eek

View more comments (1)
Review

Amazon agent did not tell the truth

When the box was delivered by UPS, I did not open the it because I had already talked to Amazon Customer service and was asurred that I could return it without being charged a return shipping cost. I called customer after the box arrivedand again I WAS TOLD BY AMAZON REP that he would EMail a return label and I would not be charged return shipping. I was charged $12.08 for two items that were never taken out of the shipping box. If I had known that return shipping was going to be charged I would have kept the items and sold them on EBay. VERY, VERY UNHAPPY WITH AMAZON.

Your cost & my wife,s is peanuts to some peoples. Consider it a good lesson & a cheap one at that!

But, we know its the principle of the whole thing too! Hooyah

OR ELSE, you can contact me, since I am a member of the Executive Customer Relations Team at amazon.com.

Amanda Nix

You should just contact me, Jeff Bezos, jeff@amazon.com. Always friendly and concerned about my customers!

YESSIRREE!!!! Jeff

Why did you order and then cancel ? who do you think pays for shipping?are you part of the "you how me a living crowd" give it to me for nothing?

someone always pays . :(

@Warlock

If a company, such as Amazon, promises something, IT MUST DELIVER ON ITS PROMISE, or risk unfavorable comments. (Unless, of course, YOU are an Amazon employee?????

Are You???? Sounds Like It!!!!!)

@Warlock

Really, you HOW me an explanation, since I am a member of the "you HOW me a living crowd". REALLY, WARLOCK, I WAS CHARGED AND PAID FOR THE SHIPPING, NOT YOU.

If you have something to contribute, please do so. Otherwise, just go on buying stuff from amazon.com.

Ellouise

"RETURNS ARE EASY". At least that is what Amazon says.

Guess you, along with hundreds of others, found out that it ain't so!

Are you STILL buying stuff from Amazon?????

WHY????? :?

View more comments (6)

Amazon Ripped me Off

I recently bought a code for Xbox live for a 3 month subscription and it did not work. I tried to get a refund but Amazon would not allow me to refund my purchase I was out $25.00. I am no longer going to buy codes for games on there services because now I now it is a lost customer. Well Amazon does not care if you have bought a fake Product all they care about is making money. Well because of this stunt that you not refund me I will no longer shop on amazon website good day.

Or, you can call or email me, jeff@amazon.com.

Please call and ask for me, Account Specialist, cis@amazon.com. Just as my friend Warlock says. cis@amazon.com

I would call again and ask for a supervisor.

Ellouise

Are you STILL buying stuff from Amazon? WHY????

Returning damaged or even the wrong item you received from AMAZON is EASY.

"RETURNS ARE EASY"!

Yeah, right.

The treatment you received from Amazon is its usual treatment of customers (who pay Amazon). BUT, once you pay Amazon, it is Amazon's money.

FORGET REFUNDS! :(

View more comments (3)
Amazon Website

Refund check not recieved | Amazon review from Aurora, Colorado

I brought a dual camera strap from Amazon it was a defect. My camera drop damage my $700.00 flash. I was told to go ahead and purchase another flash and that I would receive my check in 7 to ten working days. This was Nov 1 2013 it now Dec 31 no check. I call corp over 6 times and they tell me they have phone problem each time and they can not transfer me to accounting Amazon is ripping off consumer and numerous acts of fraud and Lies I'm current filing small claims suit hope other do the same.
#852004

I Agree 1000000%!

Amanda

#852002

Well, you know what I always say "Better To Be Pi**** Off Than Pi**** ON!!!!!! We do our best to do both!

jeff@amazon.com

Well, you see, we don't really have phones in our department. cis@amazon.com

That's what I say!!!!!!!! jeff@amazon.com

Once you pay amazon, it is our money. Whoever said "Returns Are Easy" was not telling you our true company policy (We just say that because it sounds nice, but we don't really mean it). Account Specialist, cis@amazon.com

AMAZON DOES NOT MAKE MISTAKES, DON'T YOU KNOW THAT? :(

Ellouise

Amazon Customer Service has to refer "difficult" calls to a person or thing called "Account Specialist" cis@amazon.com. "Account Specialist" cis@amazon.com DOES NOT ACCEPT CUSTOMER PHONE CALLS.

Guess "Account Specialist" cis@amazon.com either does not have a phone, or, more likely, just doesn't know how to use the thing!

(:cry) .SO SAD! Maybe Amazon could take some of its money and buy "Account Specialist" cis@amazon.com a phone and a Kindle book how to use it?

View more comments (6)

12-12 and 12-14 AMAZON ORDERS LATE for XMAS

OK, I did not order last minute - I ordered 2 IN-STOCK items way back on 12-12 and 12-14. They were Christmas presents and per Amazon, were to arrive by 12-19-13. One arrived late, on 12-26....and the other one is still MIA, hung up in Forest Park IL per tracking info. Amazon and its sellers should not use the USPS because clearly, they suck. I have not heard anything from Amazon about my complaints and I thought they were compensating unhappy customers with a $20 gift card and shipping reimbursement. I expect Amazon to live up to its delivery promises, especially when they are ordered 2 weeks in advance.
Ellouise

EXPECT ALL YOU WANT TO! Amazon simply just does not care, as long as you have given your money to Amazon.

Amazon execs are laughing all the way to the bank!

Are you STILL buying stuff from Amazon? WHY?????

Amazon Gift Card
  • AMAZON and USPS Shipping STINK

Item shipped from basket without order being placed | Amazon review from London, England

I downloaded the iPhone 5 Amazon app yesterday, linked to my account and placed an item in my basket, thinking I'll order it in a couple of days when I've decided on other items I want to buy. Then this morning, I check my emails and I have one from Amazon saying my order has been placed. I check online - the item is still clearly in my basket. I delete it. Now I get an email saying it's dispatched first class. There's a glitch with their system. I contact them to advise them so they can look in to it. But when I do, they don't believe me. They think I ordered it on 1-Click. I might be blonde and I might have my moments but I know the difference between Basket and 1-Click. So, I have to resort to getting angry with them for them to believe (or at least humour) me that it could be a system problem and might need looking in to. Grrr so frustrating! In the meantime, I either have to refuse the item (which I actually want) to get a full refund (delivery included) or get a credit on my account for the delivery cost if I keep it. Wonder if they will actually look into it...

We DID look into it, but we have lost our INSIGHT and therefore we made the DIFFICULT DECISION to just ignore any more complaints from you. BETTER LOOK OUT!!!!!!!

IF YOU FILE ONE MORE COMPLAINT WE MIGHT BE FORCED TO MAKE THE DIFFICULT DECISION TO JUST CLOSE YOUR ACCOUNT. I know, because I do that all the time, in my great position as a proud member of the EXECUTIVE CUSTOMER RESOURCES TEAM at amazon.com.. YESSSSIIIIRRRREEEE. Amanda.

PS. Do Not Try To Call Me, cause I don't no how to use a phone, even if Jeff bought me one.

#801904

I would say that if Amazon.com has this problem with their system,It looks as thought Khols has this same problem with their system also.I placed an order with Khols about a month ago and I kept getting this message that i needed to either place the order or They would be clearing the order in the next couple of days right.Well i recieved the order right and The basket still was saying the items where left in the basket.

OOH BULLSH$T :x

@Warlock

OH, WELL, THANKS, AMAZON EMPLOYEE.

Ellouise

Do you really think Amazon will "Look Into It"?

WHY are you still buying stuff from Amazon?

John N

Sounds like you enabled "one-click" at some point and inadvertently hit it. When the package arrives, return it to Amazon.

You will lose out on postage, but that's the way it goes. In the future, seriously reflect on your need for an Amazon app for your iPhone. Why anyone would need that is a mystery. I doubt Amazon is at fault.

We do some crazy and unintentional things when ordering items and then cannot recall doing them. It is what it is.

Zakeya
@John N

Hmmm funny they said the same thing but you also fail to see - that after I had apparently 'placed the order' - I.e got the email from them, the item was still in the basket. If I selected 1-click, why was it there?

All I wanted was for them to check their system. Nothing wrong with it, fine, and if there is, then they can correct it. But if they don't genuinely listen when their customers contact them then at best it's poor customer service at worst it's a system security issue that they are failing to look in to. Anyone want to think their Amazon account, which holds their credit/debit card details, is insecure?

Or there's a glitch that means they take money out of your account without your permission?

Nope, neither do I - on whatever platform I'm using.

@Zakeya

Linking your Credit Card to Amazon gives Amazon access to that card. Now, Amazon wants its customers to link their BANK ACCOUNTS to Amazon.

Sure enough, I'm going to do that tomorrow!

Are you STILL buying stuff from Amazon? WHY?

@John N

OH, so its the Customer's fault, not Amazon's?

@John N

THANK YOU FOR SEEING THE LIGHT. AS YOU KNOW, WE AT AMAZON NEVER, NEVER MAKE MISTAKES.

IT IS ALLLLLWAYS SOME ONE ELSES FAULT!

GOOD JOB< FELLOW AMAZONIAN!!!! :)

View more comments (9)
Amazon Account
  • system glitch

Charged $223.82 for nonexistant damage | Amazon review

I rented a textbook on Amazon from seller Apex Media for about $30. I returned the textbook about week before it was due. Two weeks later I am notified that I have been charged $223.82 and the book will be returned to me for damage. I returned the book in the same condition that I received it. I hoped to give my feedback on Amazon but because I ordered the textbook at the beginning of the semester (over 90 days ago) I was not able to give a review on Apex Media and warn other potential renters. I will never rent through Amazon again.

LUV YA, AMANDA. YOU TELL IT LIKE IT IS. Jeffo

WELL, That's Just Too Bad. As a member of the Executive Customer Relations Committee, I can tell you that WE NEVER MAKE MISTAKES IT WAS YOUR FAULT THAT YOU BOUGHT FROM US IN THE FIRST PLACE.

NEXT TIME, BUY FROM SOMEPLACE ELSE.

I HAVE MADE A DIFFICULT DECISION NOT TO DO ANYTHING. WHICH IS MY PRIVILEGE AS A HIGHLY-PLACED ( AND PAID) MEMBER OF THE EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE.

Amanda

You should have just written to me Jeff Bezos, jeff@amazon.com. I love all my customers and will (not) do anything I can to help..

Jeff. :(

As YOU SURELY KNOW, WE AT AMAZON ARE PERFECT AND NEVER, NEVER MAKE MISTAKES IT WAS YOUR FAULT, NOT OURS. WHAT WERE YOU EVEN THINKING? :)

Ellouise

WELL, after all, it's not Amazon's fault. You really expect a refund from Amazon?

Have fun expecting. It ain't gonna happen!

Same thing happened to me.

View more comments (5)

BAIT AND SWITCH | Amazon review from Huntington Beach, California

Edljoy_books Review EDLJOY Books 1921 Jimmys Road New Bern NC  28560 (252)229-8089 Edljoy@hotmail.com I wish I could give a zero rating what a bunch of crooks. Please stay away if you don't want to be riped-off, scamed out of your money. I ordered a stereo, A Sony 7.1 Channel Receiver with six HDMI ports, As stated on their website. In print and pictures from these crooks. The stereo arrived in a brand new box, the description, the model number everything looked good. So I put it aside while waiting for my 55in HDTV to arrive. So far so good, when my TV arrived i opened my brand new Surround sound receiver box, surprise, surprise the stereo inside was not what was advertised, It was a 10 year old stereo. This thing was so old it did not even have HDMI ports LOL. When I contacted edljoy_books I was told you did not contact us in a timely matter. But in the spirit of Christmas we will refund or replace the item for you upon recipt of the stereo at your expense. I spent $35 to return the item in the same pakaging it was shipped to me. Via priority mail. Three days later I got an email saying "we received the stereo but it was damaged, either by you or the post office", therefore we can t help you. I then turn to Amazon for help since they are an Amazon storefront. And I am an Amazon Prime member, Been a loyal customers for many years. Made thousands of dollars in purchases. To my surprise Amazon also refused to help me. They did not care that someone doing business under their name blatantly stole from me. So here I am with no Stereo, no refund and out of the shipping fees I had to pay to return the dinosaur to them. Please do not buy anything from these crooks. See their email reply to me below. ----- Reply message ----- From: "Dawn Peluso" To: "ewilliams2099@yahoo.com" Subject: Customer contact message for edljoy.com Date: Tue, Dec 24, 2013 10:48 Please allow me to break this down for you.  You can't prove that I sent the wrong stereo, I can't prove that I did.  You  can't prove that you didn't break stereo and ship it back.  In the end this comes down to your word versus mine.  I have a broken 500 series receiver.  You MIGHT have a working 700 series receiver that I shipped you. I can't prove that, neither can you.  That is why there are return deadlines in place.  Be a responsible consumer, especially when purchasing used electronics.   I wish you the best and hope that somehow you can see that a business has the right to protect itself from unscrupulous customers, just as a consumer has the right to protection from unscrupulous sellers.  I'm not calling you unscrupulous, but I am saying that the time frame does lead in that direction.   This will be our last communication with you, best wishes

WELL, AFTER ALL, YOU MADE THE MISTAKE, NOT US. SURELY YOU KNOW THAT WE HERE AT AMAZON NEVER, NEVER MAKE MISTAKES.

(PLEASE SEND MONEY, WE REALLY NEED IT BAD)!!! :grin

In this case, you can create a dispute with your bank and they will refund you back. Their policies are, if you are not happy with the item you received, either wrong item, damaged item or broken item.

You can create a dispute, your bank will investigate the case and refund you eventually. I had a problem with Amazon shipped me wrong item and they refused to take responsibilities.

I contacted my bank and they refunded me the money. Hope that helps.

@No more Amazon

I did as you did, disputed a charge with my Credit Card company after Amazon REFUSED to even acknowledge that Amazon just might have made a mistake. Credit Card company investigated, Amazon REFUSED to even respond to the investigation.

I got my refund from Credit Card company, and after two months, Amazon refunded the Credit Card company. :(

View more comments (2)
Loss
PACKAGE DID NOT ARRIVE IN TIME FOR CHRISTMAS. F U AMAZON. THINK ABOUT THE CHILDREN.
Simple. I'm a college student. Came back for Christmas. Finally free from final exams and decided to order something off of Amazon for my brother. I ordered YuGiOh cards this past Saturday, the 21st. THE *** PRINT SAID IT WOULD ARRIVE BY THE 24TH. THAT'S THE ONLY...
Makynna

I have a feeling that the reason they could barely understand what you were saying is because you are mentally retarded. This review proves my theory. It has nothing to do with their not being able to speak English.

View more comments