Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Amazon agent did not tell the truth

When the box was delivered by UPS, I did not open the it because I had already talked to Amazon Customer service and was asurred that I could return it without being charged a return shipping cost. I called customer after the box arrivedand again I WAS TOLD BY AMAZON REP that he would EMail a return label and I would not be charged return shipping. I was charged $12.08 for two items that were never taken out of the shipping box. If I had known that return shipping was going to be charged I would have kept the items and sold them on EBay. VERY, VERY UNHAPPY WITH AMAZON.

Your cost & my wife,s is peanuts to some peoples. Consider it a good lesson & a cheap one at that!

But, we know its the principle of the whole thing too! Hooyah

OR ELSE, you can contact me, since I am a member of the Executive Customer Relations Team at amazon.com.

Amanda Nix

You should just contact me, Jeff Bezos, jeff@amazon.com. Always friendly and concerned about my customers!

YESSIRREE!!!! Jeff

Why did you order and then cancel ? who do you think pays for shipping?are you part of the "you how me a living crowd" give it to me for nothing?

someone always pays . :(

@Warlock

If a company, such as Amazon, promises something, IT MUST DELIVER ON ITS PROMISE, or risk unfavorable comments. (Unless, of course, YOU are an Amazon employee?????

Are You???? Sounds Like It!!!!!)

@Warlock

Really, you HOW me an explanation, since I am a member of the "you HOW me a living crowd". REALLY, WARLOCK, I WAS CHARGED AND PAID FOR THE SHIPPING, NOT YOU.

If you have something to contribute, please do so. Otherwise, just go on buying stuff from amazon.com.

Ellouise

"RETURNS ARE EASY". At least that is what Amazon says.

Guess you, along with hundreds of others, found out that it ain't so!

Are you STILL buying stuff from Amazon?????

WHY????? :?

View more comments (6)

Amazon Ripped me Off

I recently bought a code for Xbox live for a 3 month subscription and it did not work. I tried to get a refund but Amazon would not allow me to refund my purchase I was out $25.00. I am no longer going to buy codes for games on there services because now I now it is a lost customer. Well Amazon does not care if you have bought a fake Product all they care about is making money. Well because of this stunt that you not refund me I will no longer shop on amazon website good day.

Or, you can call or email me, jeff@amazon.com.

Please call and ask for me, Account Specialist, cis@amazon.com. Just as my friend Warlock says. cis@amazon.com

I would call again and ask for a supervisor.

Ellouise

Are you STILL buying stuff from Amazon? WHY????

Returning damaged or even the wrong item you received from AMAZON is EASY.

"RETURNS ARE EASY"!

Yeah, right.

The treatment you received from Amazon is its usual treatment of customers (who pay Amazon). BUT, once you pay Amazon, it is Amazon's money.

FORGET REFUNDS! :(

View more comments (3)
Amazon Website

Amazon review in Aurora, Colorado: Refund check not recieved

I brought a dual camera strap from Amazon it was a defect. My camera drop damage my $700.00 flash. I was told to go ahead and purchase another flash and that I would receive my check in 7 to ten working days. This was Nov 1 2013 it now Dec 31 no check. I call corp over 6 times and they tell me they have phone problem each time and they can not transfer me to accounting Amazon is ripping off consumer and numerous acts of fraud and Lies I'm current filing small claims suit hope other do the same.
#852004

I Agree 1000000%!

Amanda

#852002

Well, you know what I always say "Better To Be Pi**** Off Than Pi**** ON!!!!!! We do our best to do both!

jeff@amazon.com

Well, you see, we don't really have phones in our department. cis@amazon.com

That's what I say!!!!!!!! jeff@amazon.com

Once you pay amazon, it is our money. Whoever said "Returns Are Easy" was not telling you our true company policy (We just say that because it sounds nice, but we don't really mean it). Account Specialist, cis@amazon.com

AMAZON DOES NOT MAKE MISTAKES, DON'T YOU KNOW THAT? :(

Ellouise

Amazon Customer Service has to refer "difficult" calls to a person or thing called "Account Specialist" cis@amazon.com. "Account Specialist" cis@amazon.com DOES NOT ACCEPT CUSTOMER PHONE CALLS.

Guess "Account Specialist" cis@amazon.com either does not have a phone, or, more likely, just doesn't know how to use the thing!

(:cry) .SO SAD! Maybe Amazon could take some of its money and buy "Account Specialist" cis@amazon.com a phone and a Kindle book how to use it?

View more comments (6)

12-12 and 12-14 AMAZON ORDERS LATE for XMAS

OK, I did not order last minute - I ordered 2 IN-STOCK items way back on 12-12 and 12-14. They were Christmas presents and per Amazon, were to arrive by 12-19-13. One arrived late, on 12-26....and the other one is still MIA, hung up in Forest Park IL per tracking info. Amazon and its sellers should not use the USPS because clearly, they suck. I have not heard anything from Amazon about my complaints and I thought they were compensating unhappy customers with a $20 gift card and shipping reimbursement. I expect Amazon to live up to its delivery promises, especially when they are ordered 2 weeks in advance.
Ellouise

EXPECT ALL YOU WANT TO! Amazon simply just does not care, as long as you have given your money to Amazon.

Amazon execs are laughing all the way to the bank!

Are you STILL buying stuff from Amazon? WHY?????

Amazon Gift Card
  • AMAZON and USPS Shipping STINK

Amazon review in London, England: Item shipped from basket without order being placed

I downloaded the iPhone 5 Amazon app yesterday, linked to my account and placed an item in my basket, thinking I'll order it in a couple of days when I've decided on other items I want to buy. Then this morning, I check my emails and I have one from Amazon saying my order has been placed. I check online - the item is still clearly in my basket. I delete it. Now I get an email saying it's dispatched first class. There's a glitch with their system. I contact them to advise them so they can look in to it. But when I do, they don't believe me. They think I ordered it on 1-Click. I might be blonde and I might have my moments but I know the difference between Basket and 1-Click. So, I have to resort to getting angry with them for them to believe (or at least humour) me that it could be a system problem and might need looking in to. Grrr so frustrating! In the meantime, I either have to refuse the item (which I actually want) to get a full refund (delivery included) or get a credit on my account for the delivery cost if I keep it. Wonder if they will actually look into it...

We DID look into it, but we have lost our INSIGHT and therefore we made the DIFFICULT DECISION to just ignore any more complaints from you. BETTER LOOK OUT!!!!!!!

IF YOU FILE ONE MORE COMPLAINT WE MIGHT BE FORCED TO MAKE THE DIFFICULT DECISION TO JUST CLOSE YOUR ACCOUNT. I know, because I do that all the time, in my great position as a proud member of the EXECUTIVE CUSTOMER RESOURCES TEAM at amazon.com.. YESSSSIIIIRRRREEEE. Amanda.

PS. Do Not Try To Call Me, cause I don't no how to use a phone, even if Jeff bought me one.

#801904

I would say that if Amazon.com has this problem with their system,It looks as thought Khols has this same problem with their system also.I placed an order with Khols about a month ago and I kept getting this message that i needed to either place the order or They would be clearing the order in the next couple of days right.Well i recieved the order right and The basket still was saying the items where left in the basket.

OOH BULLSH$T :x

@Warlock

OH, WELL, THANKS, AMAZON EMPLOYEE.

Ellouise

Do you really think Amazon will "Look Into It"?

WHY are you still buying stuff from Amazon?

John N

Sounds like you enabled "one-click" at some point and inadvertently hit it. When the package arrives, return it to Amazon.

You will lose out on postage, but that's the way it goes. In the future, seriously reflect on your need for an Amazon app for your iPhone. Why anyone would need that is a mystery. I doubt Amazon is at fault.

We do some crazy and unintentional things when ordering items and then cannot recall doing them. It is what it is.

Zakeya
@John N

Hmmm funny they said the same thing but you also fail to see - that after I had apparently 'placed the order' - I.e got the email from them, the item was still in the basket. If I selected 1-click, why was it there?

All I wanted was for them to check their system. Nothing wrong with it, fine, and if there is, then they can correct it. But if they don't genuinely listen when their customers contact them then at best it's poor customer service at worst it's a system security issue that they are failing to look in to. Anyone want to think their Amazon account, which holds their credit/debit card details, is insecure?

Or there's a glitch that means they take money out of your account without your permission?

Nope, neither do I - on whatever platform I'm using.

@Zakeya

Linking your Credit Card to Amazon gives Amazon access to that card. Now, Amazon wants its customers to link their BANK ACCOUNTS to Amazon.

Sure enough, I'm going to do that tomorrow!

Are you STILL buying stuff from Amazon? WHY?

@John N

OH, so its the Customer's fault, not Amazon's?

@John N

THANK YOU FOR SEEING THE LIGHT. AS YOU KNOW, WE AT AMAZON NEVER, NEVER MAKE MISTAKES.

IT IS ALLLLLWAYS SOME ONE ELSES FAULT!

GOOD JOB< FELLOW AMAZONIAN!!!! :)

View more comments (9)
Amazon Account
  • system glitch

Amazon review: Charged $223.82 for nonexistant damage

I rented a textbook on Amazon from seller Apex Media for about $30. I returned the textbook about week before it was due. Two weeks later I am notified that I have been charged $223.82 and the book will be returned to me for damage. I returned the book in the same condition that I received it. I hoped to give my feedback on Amazon but because I ordered the textbook at the beginning of the semester (over 90 days ago) I was not able to give a review on Apex Media and warn other potential renters. I will never rent through Amazon again.

LUV YA, AMANDA. YOU TELL IT LIKE IT IS. Jeffo

WELL, That's Just Too Bad. As a member of the Executive Customer Relations Committee, I can tell you that WE NEVER MAKE MISTAKES IT WAS YOUR FAULT THAT YOU BOUGHT FROM US IN THE FIRST PLACE.

NEXT TIME, BUY FROM SOMEPLACE ELSE.

I HAVE MADE A DIFFICULT DECISION NOT TO DO ANYTHING. WHICH IS MY PRIVILEGE AS A HIGHLY-PLACED ( AND PAID) MEMBER OF THE EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE.

Amanda

You should have just written to me Jeff Bezos, jeff@amazon.com. I love all my customers and will (not) do anything I can to help..

Jeff. :(

As YOU SURELY KNOW, WE AT AMAZON ARE PERFECT AND NEVER, NEVER MAKE MISTAKES IT WAS YOUR FAULT, NOT OURS. WHAT WERE YOU EVEN THINKING? :)

Ellouise

WELL, after all, it's not Amazon's fault. You really expect a refund from Amazon?

Have fun expecting. It ain't gonna happen!

Same thing happened to me.

View more comments (5)

Amazon review in Huntington Beach, California: BAIT AND SWITCH

Edljoy_books Review EDLJOY Books 1921 Jimmys Road New Bern NC  28560 (252)229-8089 Edljoy@hotmail.com I wish I could give a zero rating what a bunch of crooks. Please stay away if you don't want to be riped-off, scamed out of your money. I ordered a stereo, A Sony 7.1 Channel Receiver with six HDMI ports, As stated on their website. In print and pictures from these crooks. The stereo arrived in a brand new box, the description, the model number everything looked good. So I put it aside while waiting for my 55in HDTV to arrive. So far so good, when my TV arrived i opened my brand new Surround sound receiver box, surprise, surprise the stereo inside was not what was advertised, It was a 10 year old stereo. This thing was so old it did not even have HDMI ports LOL. When I contacted edljoy_books I was told you did not contact us in a timely matter. But in the spirit of Christmas we will refund or replace the item for you upon recipt of the stereo at your expense. I spent $35 to return the item in the same pakaging it was shipped to me. Via priority mail. Three days later I got an email saying "we received the stereo but it was damaged, either by you or the post office", therefore we can t help you. I then turn to Amazon for help since they are an Amazon storefront. And I am an Amazon Prime member, Been a loyal customers for many years. Made thousands of dollars in purchases. To my surprise Amazon also refused to help me. They did not care that someone doing business under their name blatantly stole from me. So here I am with no Stereo, no refund and out of the shipping fees I had to pay to return the dinosaur to them. Please do not buy anything from these crooks. See their email reply to me below. ----- Reply message ----- From: "Dawn Peluso" To: "ewilliams2099@yahoo.com" Subject: Customer contact message for edljoy.com Date: Tue, Dec 24, 2013 10:48 Please allow me to break this down for you.  You can't prove that I sent the wrong stereo, I can't prove that I did.  You  can't prove that you didn't break stereo and ship it back.  In the end this comes down to your word versus mine.  I have a broken 500 series receiver.  You MIGHT have a working 700 series receiver that I shipped you. I can't prove that, neither can you.  That is why there are return deadlines in place.  Be a responsible consumer, especially when purchasing used electronics.   I wish you the best and hope that somehow you can see that a business has the right to protect itself from unscrupulous customers, just as a consumer has the right to protection from unscrupulous sellers.  I'm not calling you unscrupulous, but I am saying that the time frame does lead in that direction.   This will be our last communication with you, best wishes

WELL, AFTER ALL, YOU MADE THE MISTAKE, NOT US. SURELY YOU KNOW THAT WE HERE AT AMAZON NEVER, NEVER MAKE MISTAKES.

(PLEASE SEND MONEY, WE REALLY NEED IT BAD)!!! :grin

In this case, you can create a dispute with your bank and they will refund you back. Their policies are, if you are not happy with the item you received, either wrong item, damaged item or broken item.

You can create a dispute, your bank will investigate the case and refund you eventually. I had a problem with Amazon shipped me wrong item and they refused to take responsibilities.

I contacted my bank and they refunded me the money. Hope that helps.

@No more Amazon

I did as you did, disputed a charge with my Credit Card company after Amazon REFUSED to even acknowledge that Amazon just might have made a mistake. Credit Card company investigated, Amazon REFUSED to even respond to the investigation.

I got my refund from Credit Card company, and after two months, Amazon refunded the Credit Card company. :(

Loss
PACKAGE DID NOT ARRIVE IN TIME FOR CHRISTMAS. F U AMAZON. THINK ABOUT THE CHILDREN.
Simple. I'm a college student. Came back for Christmas. Finally free from final exams and decided to order something off of Amazon for my brother. I ordered YuGiOh cards this past Saturday, the 21st. THE *** PRINT SAID IT WOULD ARRIVE BY THE 24TH. THAT'S THE ONLY...
Makynna

I have a feeling that the reason they could barely understand what you were saying is because you are mentally retarded. This review proves my theory. It has nothing to do with their not being able to speak English.

View more comments
  • broken
  • hearts

Amazon review in Stamford, Connecticut: Package Not Delivered for Christmas

My package was received at the UPS facility in Louisville, KY at 2:30 am on 12/23/13. This morning , 12/24/13 at 11:00 am I found out it was left there and not loaded onto the plane that flies out to NY today. Now of course, I won't receive it until AFTER Christmas. No further explanation or assistance was given. Just was told it will be delivered the next business day. No one knew why my package was left at the facility, although the rep first tried to say the package wasn't received in time then quickly changed her tune after further questioning! Zero compassion and absolutely no attempt to rectify the situation! Then had the nerve to wish me a Merry Christmas, unbelievable!!
#801901

kthpetrie7

Give it a rest.You keep harping the same thing over and over and over,You sound like a real smug *** :cry

John N

Perhaps you have not heard of all the weather-related problems in the country this past week?? Next time order sooner.

Same thing happened to me, but it matters not as what I ordered was not a gift. Always anticipate.

@John N

AND, always anticipate that Amazon's assurances mean nothing!

Review

Amazon is holding my money and profiting off it while I suffer

To begin, I will give my background and experience with Amazon.com and then I will state my complaint. I have selling on Amazon.com for over 2 years now, selling mainly, but not limited to, cellphones, for the majority of the time under the seller name, "cheapcellphones." I get my product mainly through friends and family who want to sell their phones, and I check everything to make sure they work perfectly first and then I will list the product on Amazon. I have had no issues with selling and if a customer asks for a refund and has a valid reason then I will grant it to them no further questions asked, but then when something out of my control happened, and customers asked me cancel transactions, I did. And how I was rewarded by Amazon was them suspending my selling privileges 3 different times! They had no valid reason for doing so and I was forced to spend many long hours e-mailing them, in hopes they would reinstate my selling privileges, as this was my only source of income at the specific time period. Amazon would take incredibly long periods of time in responding to my e-mails, and all the while they had put all of my funds on hold until the issue was resolved and I missed multiple bills and payments because Amazon had imprisoned all of my money. I finally had the issue resolved and had my account "privileges" reinstated 2 separate times. Now Amazon has targeted me once again and suspended my selling privileges permanently and put about $2,000 of my own money on hold for what they say will be 90 days, which after all the waiting I have already done, it should equal around 120 days. They say the reason for suspending my account is: 1) Buyers have received defective/faulty items. All sellers are responsible to ensure that orders shipped are fully functional/defect-free. 2) Some of your shipments may have been incomplete or missing items. Which is complete bull, as all of my products contain all items that were described to come with and all of my products are tested and in perfect working condition. Then they tell me I can appeal this action and submit a plan of the steps I will take to avoid these errors in the future, and I in fact wrote the plan and sent it to Amazon, to which they said I would receive a response in no later than 24 hours guaranteed, it has now been almost a week and I have never received a reply. On top of that I have read many articles and seen many other people in the same boat as me, who said they have had their funds placed on hold for over 100 days after the date of suspension. An example would be in this article by the Seattle Times, http://seattletimes.com/html/businesstechnology/2020568463_amazonsellersuitxml.html in which they state that many people with this issue have sued Amazon because they have "arbitrarily withheld their payments" for longer than the given time period, which is what they have done to me. I am in fear that Amazon will hold my money for up to half a year or even worse never transfer my funds back to me. According to, California and Washington state bills, Assembly Bill No. 786 CHAPTER 533: "Existing law requires a licensee or its agent to forward all money received for transmission or give instructions committing equivalent money to the person designated by the customer within 10 days after receiving that money" And Amazon is in strict violation of this bill. I am willing to take legal action against Amazon if necessary and if they are not willing to comply with transferring MY funds back into MY bank account, where the funds belong. Also, By holding on to for the given time period, Amazon is able to invest this money in money market funds, marketable securities and other investments, and utilize my cash as working capital in the operation of its business, so they can profit, while I have to suffer.
Lolita

Why dont you try their support chat portal ? Here is the link to get instant support for refunds and returns from Amazon customer service https://goo.gl/RWPPCt

WE ALLLLLLWAYS PUT THE MONEY IN A INTREST BERING ACCOUNT. WHAT DO EXPECT????? :)

Amazon is not a source of income in my case but I sold some items on Amazon and luckily, everything went smooth. I've heard some cases similar to your case and Amazon really doesn't care about sellers.

They have no rights to hold the whole amount that the sellers have in their account. They only can hold the amount that is under dispute. I don't know why people are still using Amazon to sell items. Amazon takes more money for their commission compare to Ebay.

IMO, Ebay is a better place to sell items (3% for Paypal fee and probably around 7% for Ebay commission). The total fee is roughly 10% based on the final price. I don't know exactly how much Amazon will take for their commission but I'm pretty sure that it is higher than 10%.

Another important thing to consider, if anything goes wrong, Ebay will just hold the amount under dispute. I don't like both Amazon and Ebay, but when it comes to selling, I would pick Ebay.