Amazon - Beware of Apex Media Book Rentals
My daughter rented a book from Apex Media for a college class.All information sent by the company for the return of the book went to her junk mail.
She was charged $38 for the rental and I was charged (on my MasterCard) $147 more for a used book worth about $50-60. When I saw the charge, I immediately called Amazon. I was told that the time period to return the book had passed. Apex's policy is that we could not return the book.
Don't rent from these people. Go to some other service!
They should have sent a snail mail warning.Email is not infallible.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Review category
- Review rating
- 5 out of 5
You May Also Like
- "Beware of Amazon ! They cleverly mention 100% purchase protection and easy returns on all products and you will forget to read the fine print...then you will have to struggle..."
- "The item NFL Denver Broncos 12 Ounce Wine Glass Set Condition: Used - Very Good - Item will come repackaged. Minor cosmetic imperfection on top, front or sides of item..."
- "I have been a great customer of Amazon.com for a very long time, it must have been at least 10+ years. I have purchased everything from little things to..."
- "Had a basement drain backup with "dirty" water. Called them as emergency after hours (a Thursday night). The plumber who responded was glad to hear there were outside clean-outs between..."
- "The recliner 1608--so hi-leg recliner back is sagging and getting quite uncomfortable. It is less than a year old and very concerned what it will look like and feel like..."
- "Do not order anything from this website. The quality is horrible. My item arrived damaged and the customer service agent is refusing to refund my purchase but rather wants me..."
- "I wanted to return the pizzas I have bought because they were not what I have ordered and the manager wouldn't return but she insulted me saying "if u don't..."
- "The Executives heading this company were Executives at the failed mortgage company called Wingspan Portfolio Advisors in Carrollton, Texas. Wingspan Portfolio Advisors filed Chapter 7 bankruptcy and is now..."
- "Gearbest. Its Chunese new year, so, before uve even mentioned my issue its unlikely to get any attention regardless. Received a Lenovo k80m smartphone with preinstalled trojans and malware which..."