Amazon - Beware of Apex Media Book Rentals
My daughter rented a book from Apex Media for a college class.All information sent by the company for the return of the book went to her junk mail.
She was charged $38 for the rental and I was charged (on my MasterCard) $147 more for a used book worth about $50-60. When I saw the charge, I immediately called Amazon. I was told that the time period to return the book had passed. Apex's policy is that we could not return the book.
Don't rent from these people. Go to some other service!
They should have sent a snail mail warning.Email is not infallible.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Review category
- Review rating
- 5 out of 5
You May Also Like
- "Directv account number:76802935 Within the past 7 months I have encountered a repetitive problem with Directv's install that has caused damage to my Yamaha A.V.R. and Mitsubishi TV. The first time..."
- "I signed up for Thumbtack exactly 18 days ago. I submitted 21 detailed quotes to 21 leads I received throughout those 18 days. Usually I received about 3-15 leads every..."
- " Shanda Lancaster Spokesperson For SingsnapSpreading libel in the name of Singsnap/Singsnap's personal advocateShanda Lancaster has become the spokesperson for the web site singsnap.com, an online karaoke web site where..."
- "Had a basement drain backup with "dirty" water. Called them as emergency after hours (a Thursday night). The plumber who responded was glad to hear there were outside clean-outs between..."
- "Do not order anything from this website. The quality is horrible. My item arrived damaged and the customer service agent is refusing to refund my purchase but rather wants me..."
- "The recliner 1608--so hi-leg recliner back is sagging and getting quite uncomfortable. It is less than a year old and very concerned what it will look like and feel like..."
- "Health is a very important issue related to any human being and it should be taken care of. This affects the whole family of a person so if you purchase..."
- "Purchased two pieces of furniture as Rhodes draw's, they arrived in large boxes, which were not opened until the evening when my husband could help unpack, the delivery men did..."
- "I decided i wanted to have *** Man do my front and back yard. They also did my roof, my siding, my indoor greenhouse, and they also did my kitchen...."