Amazon - Beware of Apex Media Book Rentals
My daughter rented a book from Apex Media for a college class.All information sent by the company for the return of the book went to her junk mail.
She was charged $38 for the rental and I was charged (on my MasterCard) $147 more for a used book worth about $50-60. When I saw the charge, I immediately called Amazon. I was told that the time period to return the book had passed. Apex's policy is that we could not return the book.
Don't rent from these people. Go to some other service!
They should have sent a snail mail warning.Email is not infallible.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Review category
- Review rating
- 5 out of 5
You May Also Like
- "Brilliant download is a scam. When I was searching for a certain ebook, their website claimed to have it. After paying $3.00 I was redirected to their home page and..."
- "When I first had exede and when i went over my data allowance, on my slowed speeds (400kbps) I could still do pandora (requires 64kbps min.), magicjack (requires 200kbps min.),..."
- "MagicJack (MJ) works well for many people. However, if you introduce something as simple as a â€˜routerâ€™, then, MJ may have a hard time, as I have had. When..."
- "The recliner 1608--so hi-leg recliner back is sagging and getting quite uncomfortable. It is less than a year old and very concerned what it will look like and feel like..."
- "Had a basement drain backup with "dirty" water. Called them as emergency after hours (a Thursday night). The plumber who responded was glad to hear there were outside clean-outs between..."
- "Do not order anything from this website. The quality is horrible. My item arrived damaged and the customer service agent is refusing to refund my purchase but rather wants me..."
- "Hello Everyone, I am Mrs Jenna from Texas, USA. I will like to share the goodness of God in my life after so many months of trying to get a loan..."
- "Sit means sit in Pittsburgh is by far the worst place you could go to get dog training. They use shock collars as their first "go to" resource before..."
- "During a 2015 walk in the market in downtown Charleston, SC we were accosted on the street by a KGI promo rep who arranged for us to attend a brief..."